This level includes:
● Video Lesson 18 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids.
● Video Lesson 19 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids.
● Video Lesson 20 with speech processors or continuing with hearing aids.
These 10-minute video lessons take you into therapy sessions with babies and young children with hearing loss so that you may observe first-hand how to develop identical weekly targets.
In the Standard Tier, each Video Lesson comes with
● a Lesson Plan
● a Feedback Form
● Video requests as specified
You will receive forms in which to record the first 100 words in the development of your child’s
– Receptive Language
– Expressive Language
What you and your child will learn:
At the end of this plan, you will
1. Read simple stories with a repetitive story line to your baby or young child every day.
2. Continue to talk to your child using longer sentences.
3. Offer your child appropriate choices.
4. Engage your child in Pretend Play.
5. Record your child’s Receptive and Expressive Language in the forms provided.
At the end of this plan your baby or young child will
1. Follow simple commands in longer sentences.
2. Enjoy listening to stories with a simple repetitive story line.
3. Respond to ‘Where?’ questions by looking and/or pointing.
4. Say some words spontaneously.
5. Imitate familiar words beginning with /b…b..b/ and/or /p…p…p/.
6. Demonstrate that s/he understands the concept ‘big’.
7. Identify 1-2 items of clothing by name.
8. Say the sounds /h/ and /w/ in his/her spontaneous utterances.